So, if you’ve wondered how to get into a locked iPhone without the password, know that resetting it to factory settings is an option.
Under such circumstances, the only way to move forward is to factory reset your phone and set it all up again. Thankfully, there are a few ways to reset an iPhone without having access to the passcode.
Method 1: PassFab iPhone Unlocker
PassFab iPhone Unlocker is an excellent iPhone unlocker with a user-friendly interface and many features. For instance, it can unlock a locked or disabled iOS device and one with a broken screen. This works whether we’re talking about iPhones, iPads, or iPod Touch.
PassFab allows users to reset iOS devices even if they forgot your passcode or Apple ID, which is pretty awesome for all those who manage to turn their devices into bricks because passcodes are too hard to remember.
Even better, this tool works even with the latest iOS 16 beta version.
PassFab will work if you forgot your passcode, the device is disabled, Face and/or Touch ID can’t be recognized, or your screen is too broken to enter a passcode.
How to Factory Reset iPhone Without Password with PassFab
Performing an iPhone factory reset without a password on your iPhone usually requires filling in the passcode. If you’ve forgotten it or the screen is too broken to be able to input it, then you’re clearly going to be unable to fill in the code. Therefore, our first step is to remove the screen lock.
First, ensure that you have PassFab installed on your computer. You’ll need the full version as the free trial won’t allow you to actually reset your iDevice.
- Launch PassFab and choose between the four main features displayed on the screen. Choose Unlock iOS screen and click begin.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to the computer running PassFab. Click Next once the device is detected.
- Download and save the firmware package. This will take a few minutes, depending on your internet speed. Just so you know, you’ll need about 7GB of storage space to download the firmware package.
- Once the download is complete, click on the StartRemove button on the screen.
- Once the process is complete, you’ll be able to open the device without a passcode.
The next phase is super easy. go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone. Then, go ahead and tap on Erase All Content and Settings.
Method 2: Find My iPhone
If you want to reset an iPhone without a password via Find My iPhone, you’ll find it’s not the hardest thing to do, but it does require a few steps. Here’s what you have to do.
How to Factory Reset iPhone Without Password With Find My iPhone
- Log into the Find My iPhone site via your iCloud account.
- Enter your Apple ID and the account password. You won’t need your iPhone passcode, but access to your regular Apple account is still mandatory.
- Choose your iPhone from the device list.
- Click on the Erase iPhone option and confirm the decision.
That’s it. You’ll now be able to access your device and create a new passcode.
Method 3: iTunes
Resetting your iPhone can also be done with your computer and access to iTunes. This will only work if you’ve previously synced your device to iTunes!
How to Reset iPhone Without Password with iTunes
- Plug in your iPhone to your computer and open iTunes. Go to Summary from the left-side menu.
- In the new menu, find the Restore iPhone option and click on it. Confirm your choice in the new window and restore your iPhone. This will take a while.
- This will give you access to your iPhone and all the information you had on it before the most recent backup.
Method 4: Recovery mode
If you’ve wondered how to factory reset an iPhone quickly, know that there’s another way you can do this if you’ve forgotten your passcode. You’re going to need iTunes on your computer and to lock your iPhone in recovery mode.
How to Factory Reset Your iPhone Without a Password with Recovery Mode
- First, you’ll need to launch iTunes and enter recovery mode.
- iPhone 8 or later: Quickly press and release Volume Up button > Do the same with the Volume Down button > Press and hold the Power button until the recovery mode screen appears.
- iPhone 7: Press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button until the recovery mode screen appears.
- iPhone 6S and earlier: Press and hold Home and Top or Side buttons until recovery mode screen appears.
- Connect the device to your computer via USB cable.
- A prompt will appear in iTunes, giving you the option to Restore or Update your device. Choose Restore.
PassFab iPhone Unlocker does an incredible job of allowing anyone to factory reset an iPhone without a password. PassFab iPhone Unlocker is the top method for iPhone factory reset without password, and we also recommend how to factory reset iPhone with iTunes or iCloud. Choose the best method to fix your issues.
Please keep in mind that running an iPhone factory reset without password will remove all the information you have on your device, from messages to photos, contacts, and so on.
Resetting an iPhone to factory settings without a passcode is not ideal since you can’t run any data backups, but it can be what saves you from a lot of trouble down the road.